A dental emergency never comes at a good time for you. At Jeff Berger Dentistry, you have an emergency dentist Sonora patients trust. Dr. Berger is one who can help make an unpleasant experience much less hectic. With our exceptional emergency dental care services, if an injury or accident occurs, our team is available to quickly provide you the care you need.
What to Do if You Need an Emergency Dentist
If you have a tooth injury, be sure to call our office as soon as you possibly can. The following is a list of common dental emergencies and a few things you can do to stay more comfortable while waiting to be seen.
- What should I do if I have a Toothache – If you have a severe toothache or one that won’t go away, the first step to take is to rinse your mouth with warm water. Then use floss to try removing any food that may be stuck between your teeth. A cold compress should help any swelling that may occur.
- What should I do if I have Knocked-Out a Tooth – Try to put the tooth back in its socket, being cautious of the tooth root. If you’re unable to do this, just try to keep the tooth moist by soaking it in milk or leaving it between your gums and cheek.
- What should I do if I have Bitten My Lip, Cheek or Tongue – Clean the injury with the utmost caution using a cloth. You can then rinse your mouth with warm water or a salt-water concoction. Moist gauze will help with the bleeding. You should keep it in place until bleeding discontinues or you are being cared for. Pain and swelling may be relieved with a cold compress.
- What should I do if I have a Broken or Chipped Tooth – Rinse your mouth with warm water, then place gauze on the injury if you are bleeding. A cold compress can also help provide relief for a broken or chipped tooth. Dr. Berger has exceptional cosmetic dentistry skills, so rest assured you will be in good hands.
- What should I do if I have an Object Caught Between My Teeth – Use dental floss to attempt to remove the object. If this doesn’t work, just wait to be seen before trying another method. Using something sharp to try to remove the object could cause harm to your mouth.
We’re Here to Help!
If you find yourself in a situation that requires the assistance of an emergency dentist, don’t hesitate to call our team. We’re here to help provide you relief as quickly as possible.