You probably don’t often think about the inside of your tooth until there’s a problem with it. A tooth’s root canal contains pulp, or soft tissue, which sometimes becomes inflamed or infected. When this happens, root canal therapy may be necessary. Fortunately, if your condition points toward a root canal, Sonora dentist Jeff Berger is an exceptional resource for relief and treatment.
At Jeff Berger Dentistry, we offer root canal therapy to provide you with relief if your tooth has become infected. Advances in dental practices and technology have made it so procedures involving root canals are similar to receiving a filling. We can usually take care of this treatment in just one or two appointments.
Do You Need Therapy on Your Root Canal, Sonora?
The trouble with root canals is manifested in a number of ways. You may have an infection if you notice some or all of the following signs:
- Discolored teeth
- Sensitivity and/or discomfort while eating, as well as after
- Tooth pain
- Small bumps on the gums
- Swollen or sensitive gums close to tooth pain
Receiving Treatment Can Help
The biggest benefit you will receive from therapies applied to root canals will likely be freedom from the discomfort caused by the infected pulp. Another massive advantage is the fact that your tooth will be saved, which can, in turn, protect other teeth from developing issues or eventually falling out. Root canals also protects your jawbone from deterioration and can improve the appearance of your tooth.
How Root Canal Therapy Works
- Before beginning treatment, Dr. Berger will locate the decay using an x-ray.
- After preparing the tooth, we will remove the infected pulp. The tooth will then be filled and sealed off.
- Once the tooth is ready, we will place a dental crown over the tooth to protect it from further infection. Our crowns are custom made and will match the shape, size, and color of your natural teeth.
We Can Help
Don’t deal with discomfort for any longer than you have to! We understand the anxiety caused by a root canal, Sonora, and we can help provide the relief you need. Call today with any questions you may have or to set up an appointment.